[OS X TeX] backing up /usr (and MacTeX)

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Fri Jan 30 18:53:30 CET 2009

1. I bought Intego Backup, and through it away. Replaced it with Data
Backup from Prosoft, very good. If you buy the backup book from
Tidbit, you get Data Backup half price.

2. Compare FireWire 800 and USB 2.0, and you will realize why Apple is
no longer interested. Most new movie cameras use USB 2.0. And USB 3.0
is so much more powerful, coming soon.

3. I also use SuperDuper!, so as to get a bootable backup. So if I
need to use a disk utility that does not do the boot drive, I boot
from the backup. I cannot imagine why you use Super Dooper! to a
computer not accessible to you.

4. I you are really paranoid, like i am, when travelling i use iDisk.
Gives peace of mind. I backup all the new staff.

GG