[OS X TeX] backing up /usr (and MacTeX)

Gary L. Gray glgray at me.com
Fri Jan 30 17:41:44 CET 2009

On Jan 30, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2009, at 8:35 AM, Rolf Schmolling wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what about cloning it to an external Disk. I'd recommend SuperDuper
>
> doesn't work with large files over ethernet. I had to give it up
> after "they" couldn't help.

Every night at home, I use SuperDuper! to clone to network drive (also
in my home) via a wireless connection. It usually takes about an hour
or so, but it sure is painless. The key is to clone to a sparse disk
image. For the first clone, you can have the drive hooked up to your
machine so it is fast, and then just do smart updates after that.
Cloning over a network is nicely described in the SD! documentation.

-- Gary