[OS X TeX] tex4ht and biblatex

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Fri Jan 30 03:40:36 CET 2009

On Thu 29th Jan, 2009 at 23:50, Matthias Damm seems to have written:

> Am 29.01.2009 um 18:48 schrieb David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM:
>
>>> like probably most of us, I sometimes have to generate Word versions of my
>>> papers.
>>> I usually use tex4ht/htlatex for that.
>>

>> Thanks for posting this. It represents an issue that continues to plague
>> me. I'm the sole LaTeX user in my organization and often interact with
>> those who are allergic to my approach.
>

> I get really good results with the conversion to OpenOffice via tex4ht (much
> better than the usual approach via HTML).
>
> Just try something like
>
> 	mk4ht oolatex <yourtexfile>

While we're on this subject, if anybody knows a way to completely
eliminate the need for Word when preparing a paper, say, for a
recipient who will accept no other format, I'd be very interested to
hear about it. It bugs me that I *still* need access to Word - even
with the above and OpenOffice. I suppose this will always be so,
though, and there's no getting around it...

- cfr