[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.20

Vincent Verfaille vincent at music.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 29 19:54:56 CET 2009

Hi Herb,

On 28-Jan-09, at 3:28 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Hmmmm... I just tried 2.20 out on my old PowerBook (1.67GHz PPC),
> 2GB RAM, OS X 10.5.6 and the TeXBook source file and there is very
> noticeable slowdown. Something going on on the PPC side? When I did
> this with my Macbook Pro I saw no slowdown.

Thanks for checkingSo I may not be the only one, finally....

On 29-Jan-09, at 11:09 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Once syntax coloring is complete for the entire file there is still
> a fairly dramatic slow response time if line numbering is turned on.
> If you turn line numbering off there is then a dramatic speed
> increase to normal levels.

Off course, I did my performance tests after the syntax coloring was
finished, and noticed similar performance decrease with line numbering
enabled.

Knowing that Richard Koch is informed about this question, I leave it
to his expertise.
Thanks all for your valuable input.

Vincent