[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.20

Vincent Verfaille vincent at music.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 29 03:16:29 CET 2009

Hi Herbert and Adam,

I try a combined answer, to avoid answering to each individual
message; hoping that will be clear.

On 28-Jan-09, at 2:04 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Vincent Verfaille wrote:
>
>> maybe that's related to the line number feature (that I am so
>> excited to be able to use now).
>
> Does it speed things up if you (temporarily) turn the line numbering
> off?

Actually, it does make a significant difference.

On 28-Jan-09, at 12:37 PM, Maxwell, Adam R wrote:
> There is no need to guess at performance problems.  Try taking a
> sample
> while you're editing a line.  In Terminal, type `sample TeXShop 20`
> and
> immediately start editing in TeXShop.  This produces a text file
> that shows
> where things slow down.

I sampled once with line numbers, once without.
Does anyone have the skills to interpret them? I can send them offline.
Otherwise, no worries, I will go on with an earlier version, and be
patient :-)

best,

Vincent