[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.20

Vincent Verfaille vincent at music.mcgill.ca
Wed Jan 28 18:12:56 CET 2009

Hi there,

On 28-Jan-09, at 11:23 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2009, at 9:39 AM, Vincent Verfaille wrote:
>
>> I had a question to other TeXshop 2.20 users: did anyone notice a
>> significant decrease of performance concerning the editing of very
>> long files?
>
> Just loaded the TeXBook source (1.3MB) and didn't notice any editing
> problems. I'm using Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.5.6 and 12pt
> Monaco in the TeXShop Source Window.

Here are the (previously missing) technical informations of my setup:
- Powerbook G4, 1.67GHz, 1.5GB RAM, MacOsX 10.5.5, and 12pt Helvetica
font in the TeXshop source window.
- latest TeXLive distribution, updated 2 days ago with the fantastic
Tex Live Utility :-) (thanks Adam for that one!!!)

> I wonder if you have a Font Cache problem.
Thanks for the tip, I then cleaned up the font cache (using Onyx).
things are a bit faster, but there still is a significant difference
between  TeXshop 2.20 and  TeXshop 2.16 (and 2.19 before I
unfortunately erased it before trying 2.20).
maybe that's related to the line number feature (that I am so excited
to be able to use now).

Best,

Vincent