[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.20

Luis Vitorio Cargnini lvcargnini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:08:17 CET 2009

People open the finder window, select the .tex file (right click, or
click and hold pressed until the context menu appear);
click over get informations in french "lire les informations" ;
it will open an window, roll down and you will see open with:;
select TexShop and press modify all;
that is it from now on TexShop will be your default application for
TeX files.

Le 09-01-27 à 18:44, N Shah a écrit :

> In figuring out such issues, I find the RCDefaultApp preference pane
> quite helpful.
>
> http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/
>
> It lets you which apps are associated with which files and make
> changes as needed.
>
> Not sure about your specific problem...  My upgrade path was to
> first rename the prior texshop release 'TeXShop-old' and then copy
> into /Applications/TeX/ the new release.  Everything seeme to work
> fine, and all files became associated with the new version without
> intervention be me.  I usually keep the old version around a few
> weeks in case of (rare) bugs.
>
> Thanks to the TeXShop for the great new release.
>
> - Nirav
>
> On Jan 27, 2009, at 6:23 PM, Juergen Fenn wrote:
>

>> Benoit RIVET schrieb:
>>
>>> However, I have a strange bug since installing this new version. I
>>> replaced the previous TexShop 2.18 by dragging the new version in
>>> the
>>> appropriate folder (/Application/Tex, as installed by MacTex), and
>>> since
>>> then, all .tex files show a blank icon, instead of the nice Latex
>>> icon
>>> from TexShop. This happens for any file I create with TexShop, and