[OS X TeX] XeLaTeX?

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Sun Jan 25 09:18:17 CET 2009

Le 24-janv.-09 à 21:56, david craig a écrit :

>> The good news is: it is very straightforward. You will simply save
>> your files in a different encoding (Unicode) and adjust your
>> editor to run the xelatex command on your documents. Then you will
>> read a few pages of pdf documentation about the fontspec package
>> and also add the xunicode package to your preamble and that's
>> basically it. Oh, polyglossia will replace the babel package but
>> that also will take you just minutes to figure out.
>
> What's a good source for a walkthrough?
>

> David Craig

Fontspec's documentation, first: http://archive.cs.uu.nl/mirror/CTAN/
macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.pdf

It is indeed straightforward: as for me, the only things I have to
change are related to fonts and encoding. So, my XeLaTeX-specific
minimal preamble looks like that:

%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}%loads also fontspec
\setmainfont{Zapfino}
\begin{document}
Magnificent!
\end{document}