[OS X TeX] Re: Macintouch report on TeX versus Word

david craig dac at panix.com
Sat Jan 24 00:20:54 CET 2009

Two breif comments:

First, even if the command-line character were not off-putting to
everyone but the geeks, the serious bummer that is fonts is enough to
relegate TeX to the margins.  (I'm astonished this point has not figured
more prominently in this discussion.)

Second, to me one of the principal virtues of TeX is that I expect my
tex files to be as comprehensible 100 years from now as they are today.
I sincerely doubt that can be said of (*shudder*) Word documents, or
even pdf.

Vive la plain text!

Any front-end to TeX (a la Lyx? TeXtures?) that would undermine this
virtue is of no interest to me whatsoever.

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>