[OS X TeX] BibDesk and iWork '09 (Pages)

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at me.com
Thu Jan 22 07:16:57 CET 2009

On 22.01.2009, at 4.32, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2009, at 11:18 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

>> Yes. I did. It's a mess compared with using BibDesk with LaTeX.
>
> This is not useful or constructive feedback.

I think, the guys here are using LaTeX, me too. And at my experience
comparing LaTeX and Pages shows that BibDesk/Pages is more complicated
than BibDesk/LaTeX.

> A quick search with Google shows that a fair number of people are
> happy with it.

Maybe. But did they compare it with LaTeX?

> If your statement that "It's a mess" is based on this post, the
> problem is a limitation of Pages' AppleScript support. Unfortunate,
> but it doesn't really reflect on CiteInPages itself, ...

Yes. And this is good to know.

> ... and James responded to your question less than an hour after you
> posted it.

Yes. This was great. And I am thankfull to James for it. His answer
was a good guidance to decide to not longer experimentalize with
BibDesk/Pages at the moment until Apple has enhanced Pages'
AppleScript abilities.

Kind regards, Friedrich

--
On the box it said: Requires Windows XP or better. So I bought a Mac.