[OS X TeX] BibDesk and iWork '09 (Pages)

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Jan 22 04:32:35 CET 2009

On Jan 21, 2009, at 11:18 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> On 16.01.2009, at 1.41, Alex Hamann wrote:
>
>> On 15.01.2009, at 23:57, Juergen Fenn wrote:
>>
>>> Now, *has* somebody tested this?
>
> Yes. I did. It's a mess compared with using BibDesk with LaTeX.

This is not useful or constructive feedback.  A quick search with
Google shows that a fair number of people are happy with it.

>> I haven't tested it but CiteInPages has been around for some time
>> and James Harrison is maintaining and developing his script in
>> coordination with the BibDesk developers. He is also a regular on
>> the BibDesk mailing list and I can not remember having ever heard
>> about anybody complaining about CiteInPages not working on that list.
>
> I've asked in the BibDesk users mailing list for using Pages '09 and
> BibDesk, particularly regarding citations in footnotes. And this is
> the James' answer:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9u7q2e

If your statement that "It's a mess" is based on this post, the
problem is a limitation of Pages' AppleScript support.  Unfortunate,
but it doesn't really reflect on CiteInPages itself, and James
responded to your question less than an hour after you posted it.

--
Adam