[OS X TeX] Macintouch report on TeX versus Word

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Tue Jan 20 23:42:10 CET 2009

Alain Schremmer schrieb:

>> This is very welcome. I wonder if those lists should be linked to from
>> the MacTeX wiki - if only to show to the interested that (La)TeX is
>> not a products for some small club of nerds...
>
> Perhaps not for some _very_ small club of nerds but, certainly, for some
> small club of nerds.
>
> We better face it.

Of course, we are a minority and always will be. But at least in Germany
 use of LaTeX has grown over the past, say, four or five years, as can
be seen from the number of introductions to LaTeX published over this
time span. If there were no demand, publishers would not print these books.

Jürgen.