[OS X TeX] Re : Stupid question about the tabular environment

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 17 22:14:30 CET 2009

On Jan 17, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2009, at 3:52 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> On Jan 17, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>

>>> Not to cheat on a lost bet but why does it revert to 6mm-15mm when
>>> I go from article to book?
>>>
>>> Puzzled regards
>>> --schremmer
>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> By default the book class doesn't set the inner and outer margins
>> the same. You'll see that the inner margin (left on odd/right
>> pages, right on even/left pages) is smaller than the outer margin.
>
> Of course! I forgot about leaving room for the binding.
>
> Good thing there was no bet this time.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Actually, it's a bit counter intuitive since the inside margin (the
one towards the binding) is smaller than the outside margin. I think
the idea is that when the book is opened flat the outer margins and
the space between the text boxes on the two pages should appear
approximately the same width.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)