[OS X TeX] Re : Stupid question about the tabular environment

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 17 21:28:14 CET 2009

On Jan 17, 2009, at 2:09 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Note here.
> Whether with \makebox[\textwidth][c] or with \makebox[0pt][c] the
> left margin is about 6mm and the right margin is about 15mm.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Well... I'll bet that you are not adding the

\usepackage{geometry}

and your default paper is letterpaper rather than a4paper. The use of
the a4paper option to the document class will tell LaTeX how to adjust
textwidth, etc., but will not tell pdflatex that the actual paper size
is a4paper. The geometry package adds the proper commands to pdflatex
so the paper size is adjusted properly.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)