[OS X TeX] What Is New in LATEX?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:06:30 CET 2009

On Jan 16, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Peter Vamos wrote:

> Members of this list might be interested in reading this article by
> George Gratzer, no stranger, in the January issue of the AMS Notices
>
> 	<http://www.ams.org/notices/200901/tx090100052p.pdf>

This gives me the occasion to ask about something I truly dislike,
namely that, after a list, the next paragraph is indented which makes
it look as somehow part of the previous paragraph inasmuch as it
looks as some kind of "intertext" in the list.

As an example, consider the second column in the first page of
Grätzer's article:

century.
	To work with LaTeX you need …"
		• the use of
		• automatic
		•bibliographic
	If you
		• write
		• use
		• do not
		• do not
then you had …

This bothers me so much that, after a list, I always write some
"empty" but unindented sentence before the next paragraph. Compare
the above with the following:

century.
	To work with LaTeX you need …"
		• the use of