[OS X TeX] References across files

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:53:17 CET 2009

On Jan 15, 2009, at 11:35 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2009, at 12:09 AM, Morten Høgholm wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Michael Sharpe <msharpe at ucsd.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You might find the arrayjob package of use, but you would have to
>>> rework
>>> your data. It allows you to describe arrays of data that you
>>> define with, eg
>>> \newarray\mydata
>>> \mydata(1)={first piece of data}
>>> \mydata(2)={second piece}
>>> and which can be retrieved within short macros for arbitrary use.
>>> It's a
>>> very well done package.
>>
>> Except choosing the name \array is a pretty bad name when using
>> LaTeX.
>> It effectively prevents LaTeX from typesetting array and tabular
>> material.
>>
> That's true, but it seems to be easy to fix. I've emailed Zhuhan
> Jiang, the author of arrayjob but he is away until early February.
> It seems that if one replaces \array on lines 108, 148 and 164 of
> arrayjob.sty with another name (I use \Array), then arrayjob plays
> nicely with array/tabular.

In any case, it is not lethal: I have 18 newarray's in
CheckableItems.sty like

\newarray\ChapXIV
\readarray{ChapXIV}{%
%1
Which is function?
…
%50
Whatever?
}

and the following file

\usepackage{CheckableItems}
\begin{document}

	\begin{longtable}{|cc|c|l|c|c|c|}
%\caption{RAF Checkable Items}
%\\
…
	%Row

		&
		&	1
		&	\ChapXIV(1)
		&
		&
		&
		\\
…
[900 rows in all]
…
	\end{longtable}
\end{document}

works.

The only thing I have noticed so far is that the caption produces an
error while it didn't before I moved the actual checkable items from
the table to the style sheet and replaced them by \ChapXIV(1).

But then it could be due to something else and, right now, I don't
have the time to investigate. The only thing I was going to try was
to change \array by \Array but I found 5 occurrences of \array so
left things for later.

Grateful regards
--schremmer