[OS X TeX] MLA Style Questions

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Thu Jan 15 13:58:27 CET 2009

Since I'm now in a writing class that requires MLA style format, I
greatly appreciate Ryan Aycock's MLA Package and the posting:

http://www.1984produkts.com/donkeyhottie/archives/2008/05/05/how-to-write-a-simple-english-humanities-paper-in-latex/

This works well to get the paper proper in the right format.

Unfortunately, the "Works Cited" at the end is not in the format we
need and I don't know how to change it. Is there a simple way to get
this section to look, not like Aycock's sample paper, but like James
Clawson's samples?:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/biblatex-mla.html

I've tried to follow Clawson's installation instructions:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/exptl/biblatex-contrib/biblatex-mla/README

but I can't find a "cbx" folder or a "bbx" folder in which the
"mla.cbx" and "mla.bbx" files are supposed to go.

Is this due to a Windows/Mac conflict?

Trying to format in LaTex is not easy. Does a template exist
somewhere that will just work without any headaches?

Thanks a bunch.

Richard Benish