[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.6

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 17:08:23 CET 2009

Tahnks Adam fir the prompt response.

At 15:01 +0000 12/1/09, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>1) can you reproduce the problem?

yes happens every time I try

>2) if so, what is the blue URL link at the bottom of the window?

http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/

I tried to change this in the Preferences to the one in Berlin, same result

>  > One other minor thing: the Get Info panel for this utility doesn't
>>  show the version number.
>
>Is this Finder's get info?  The app's About box shows the version

yes it is the Finder's get info.

Perhaps I should say a bit more about this installation.

Machine: Power Macintosh G4 (Quicksilver 2002)
OS: 10.5.6  TeXLive-2008 TLU v 0.6

I used to have gw TeX, then I installed TeXLive-2008, and this worked
OK so I uninstalled gw TeX _but_ I may not have done this the best
way: I used Gerben's i-Installer and chose the `uninstall' command
for every package it said I had. Everything seemed to work just fine
after that until I wanted to use the terminal for texdoc or kpsewhich
or similar, I don't remember now which, and terminal responded:
`command not found'. So I don't have any of these! Still my TeX
installation works fine. I thought that tlmgr could re-install these
but had not tried until your nice utility came along.

OK so concerning my problem maybe this list can suggest ways to get
the terminal commands back, (I have two other machines with OK
installations) or as a last resort I can reinstall.

Concerning TLU this info may help, but even if not, the drop down
dialog should still exit gracefully rather than stick, maybe with the
message: Sorry mate your installation is so messed up I cannot help
you.

Peter