[OS X TeX] OgreKit does not reactivate the file it just worked on

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sat Jan 10 01:39:38 CET 2009

On Fri 9th Jan, 2009 at 18:45, Alain Schremmer seems to have written:

>> In the latter case, I wouldn't use TeXShop anyway.
>
> I am afraid I might have been the first and only one ever.
>
>> But I'd be in Terminal which obviously isn't your favourite haunt. :)
>
> It sure isn't but there is always TextWrangler to try.

The nice thing about using something like sed is that you can run a
find and replace on a whole series of files without even having to open
the files in the ordinary sense - without having to view them or save
them or anything. (Obviously, _sed_ must open them for writing and save
them but you don't need to interact with them directly at all.) It is
therefore extremely quick to run such an operation on a large number of
files - far quicker than doing the job using an editor of any kind.

This is why I wouldn't use TeXShop - I don't need to see each file in
this sort of case. Let the computer look instead!

This won't persuade you to use Terminal, of course, but it might entice
somebody else out there to give it a try sometime.

> Nevertheless, and as for OgreKit, it seems to that this is a clear case for
> "More Options".

No objections to that suggestion. :)

- cfr