[OS X TeX] Problem with the "starred" includegraphics

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri Jan 9 03:01:15 CET 2009

Hello Cédrick,

On 09/01/2009, at 8:48 AM, Cédrick Fairon wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to use the star version of \includegraphics* for
> including a PDF graphic (filename=cental.pdf) in a document.I am
> working with TexShop, with the TexLive-2008 distribution (compiling
> with PDFTex)
>
> The following code does not work: LaTeX Error: File '*' not found.
>
> \usepackage{graphicx}
>
> \resizebox{!}{1.7cm}{\includegraphics*{cental}}
>

> But, if I remove the star... it works, the image file "cental.pdf"
> is correctly inserted in my document.
>
> \usepackage{graphicx}
>
> \resizebox{!}{1.7cm}{\includegraphics*{cental}}
   The '*' is still here; presumably you didn't copy this
directly from your LaTeX source.

I've been unable to reproduce the problem, trying the '*'
both with and without extra optional arguments.

> I guess, I am missing something... Any Idea?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please post a complete minimal example, and send also
the .log file that is produced when you try running it.
(The contents of the 'console' window from TeXshop may be
enough.) There may be relevant messages in there,
indicating some inconsistency with the packages and/or
classes that you are using. This might also indicate
old versions, or private variants, of some packages.

> Thanks,
>
> Cédrick

Hope this helps,

	Ross