[OS X TeX] simpdftex-1, simpdftex, synctex

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Mon Jan 5 15:29:52 CET 2009

On 20 Nov 2008, at 20:56, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> I have set up your command in AUCTeX in Carbon Emacs, for your
> simpdftex-1 script (which I have been using since you gave it to me).
>
> At first, I run PDFLaTeX with some change in the tex file, to get
> prompted and choose the "Auto" option in Skim. After that,
> simpdftex-1, issued in Emacs, draws the edges in the graphs, and
> updates the pdf file in  Skim.

Hmmm. Why do you use pdflatex first? I guess that the whole process
work if you stick with simpdftex since the beginning. This is because
simpdftex with the synctex option adorns the compiled latex file with
the appropriate specials. Indeed, you get the right behaviour when you
manually add synctex to the preamble of your latex file.
cheers
--e.