[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.5

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 06:18:01 CET 2009

On Jan 4, 2009, at 9:54 PM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> But I do not see that TLU is trying to reach the server for 30
> seconds. The message appears very shortly after a change of the
> server in the preferences.

I also see this.  For some reason I'm not able to get a directory
listing from any of the FTP servers with Apple's URL loading system,
so I've resorted to a lower-level framework for FTP.

There's a test build at

http://homepage.mac.com/amaxwell/.Public/TeX%20Live%20Utility.app.zip

Please give it a try and let me know if it works correctly.  It has
some debug logging for sorting out the halting progress indicator
issue, so you can ignore that.

thanks,
Adam