[OS X TeX] [pdftk] MacOS Roman -> Western ISO Latin 9

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 20:31:07 CET 2009

On Jan 4, 2009, at 7:42 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> May I please raise this thread from the death.
>
> Because there is no solution up to today. I'am using TL2008 most
> current updates installed by tlmgr.
>
> I've created a PDF file and used this engine:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> basefname="`basename "$1" .tex`"
> lp -o media=a4 "${basefname}.pdf"
> pdftk "${basefname}.pdf" background ~/Pictures/Watermarks/
> bgabschrift.pdf output printfile.pdf
> lp -o sides=two-sided-long-edge -o media=a4 printfile.pdf
> rm printfile.pdf
>
> I get no printouts, but the console reports:
>
> 2009-01-04 19:39:02.870 TeXShop[14643:203] *** NSTask: Task create
> for path '/Users/fv/Library/TeXShop/Engines/fvprint2.engine' failed:
> 8, "Exec format error".  Terminating temporary process.

This is POSIX error ENOEXEC.  From the man page for execve(2):

      [ENOEXEC]          The new process file has the appropriate
access per-
                         mission, but has an unrecognized format
(e.g., an
                         invalid magic number in its header).

Make sure your script isn't saved as UTF-16.  If that looks okay, open
it in a hex editor and see what the first line looks like, or use vim -
b in Terminal.

--
Adam