[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.5

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 4 15:37:48 CET 2009

On Jan 2, 2009, at 8:19 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> Sorry for spamming the list lately, but there's a new version
> available.  Download via Sparkle or fromhttp://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr/downloads/list
> .
>
> I've tried to work around problems with environment.plist; please
> let me know if it breaks for any of you.  There are also some
> security changes (using codesign), and I'd also like to know of any
> problems with that.
>
> thanks,
> Adam

Howdy,

Don't use an environment.plist (well, not to set PATH only very simple
variables) so I can't comment  about the work around but I just had a
fairly large update from a fixed server and it went beautifully. Saw
all the output of the updmap(-sys) in the console pane which is what I
like.

There are messages about string up and terminating of the cwrapper
(i.e., pid's are given) and the PATH variable setting. I assume that
some of this is for debugging and will eventually disappear.
Otherwise, so far so good.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)