Re: Documentation (was Re: [OS X TeX] Kanbun (漢文) and French...)

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Sat Jan 3 08:52:33 CET 2009

Merci Jean-Claude.

> Here is an example of my preamble I use with French accentuated
> letters to display them correctly:
>
> \documentclass[]{article}
> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{lmodern}
> \usepackage[frenchb]{babel}

It looks like XeteX does not like the {inputenc} package so I have an
error message there. But when I comment the command out and add:

\usepackage{xunicode}

I more or less get what I want.

Now I use, in the middle of the French "Avertissement", a Vietnamese
word (hán vǎn) that misses the "ǎ" when I typeset the text with the
above settings. Depending on the preambles I use (either mine or a
modified version of yours) I either get "v n" or "vn".

I suppose I am starting to see the beginning of multilingual TeX here...

Jean-Christophe Helary