[OS X TeX] citep and citet did not work in MacOSX-TeXShop

Danny Baillie dbaillie at physics.otago.ac.nz
Sat Feb 28 00:48:40 CET 2009

Hi Herb,

Thanks for the messages. Yes, I was way behind in latexmk. The new
version works fine both on the sample file and, thankfully, on my main
file.

So now my question is: how do I find out what other things may be out
of date in my installation of TeXShop/MacTeX?

I've kept up to date with TeXShop (2.25) and I've redownloaded and
installed MacTeX-2008.mpkg today. I ran "sudo -H tlmgr update --all"
with the updated tlmgr. Still the version of latexmk shown was 3.08n
(I guess since it isn't a package and it isn't TeXShop it isn't
updated automatically), which (according to http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/software/latexmk-jcc/versions.html
  ) was out of date in August 2007. So, I had to install it
individually using your .zip file.

I'm not complaining, and it's not even a feature request, just a
friendly query: how do I make sure I'm up to date with everything
TeXShop/MacTeX so I don't waste another couple of days isolating
something else that has already been fixed? I had thought that check-
for-updates/sparkle in TeXShop and MacTeX-2008.mpkg + tlmgr would be
enough. Is there another update manager, or is there a list somewhere
of files that I should check manually periodically? And, what's the
likelihood that there are other things that aren't on the list, if
such a list does exist?

Also, now that latexmk is working for me, is there an option to get it
to tell you at the end whether there are undefined references or
citations? As it stands, I have to scroll back up through two pages of
output on the console to see if there were any warnings before it did
the dvips+ps2pdf.

Thanks again,
Danny

PS Not sure why the attachments didn't come through on the email that
I sent directly to you, they're there in the Sent box in my Apple
Mail, but it doesn't matter now as it latexmk 4.04 works well.