[OS X TeX] citep and citet did not work in MacOSX-TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 26 16:22:11 CET 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 8:01 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2009, at 9:14 PM, Danny Baillie wrote:
>

>> On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:24:47 -0600, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>> "[...] place the line %%!TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk at the top of
>> your tex source file and Typeset (Cmd-T) will do all of the
>> necessary processing for you."
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Following the above message from Herb, I've been trying to use
>> latexmk (rather than pdflatexmk because I want to use psfrags with
>> laprint). I keep getting the messages:
>>
>>  Latexmk: File './basename.pfg' changed during run. I must rerun
>> latex
>>  Latexmk: Absolute maximum runs of latex reached without finding
>> stable source files
>>
>> The .pfg file seems to be zero size throughout. It is made by
>> psfrags, as can be seen from messages such as:
>>
>>   (./effmass.tex <psfrag:effmass.eps> (./basename.pfg) <effmass.eps>)
>>
>> The extension pfg isn't one of the generated_exts (from looking in
>> the perl script latexmk), and it isn't pushed in latexmkrc, so I
>> thought it wouldn't matter if it changed anyway. How do I get
>> latexmk to ignore the pfg files?
>>
>> This may be related to the problem with .ent files in mentioned in http://www.tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-February/028839.html
>> .
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Danny
>>

> Howdy,
>
> What are the processing steps you use to go from pfg->eps? I'll then
> be able to tell you the lines to add to the latexmkrc.
>
> Could you send me a small tex source file and processing
> instructions (if done manually) so I can test?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

I misunderstood what psfrag was doing. I'm not sure, right now, how to
handle this ``run on'' condition but am in contact with the latexmk
maintainer about it. I'll get back to you as soon as I have a handle
on it.

Hmmm... I just took the psfrag document source (had to fix a couple of
things up to have it compile --- some commands were already defined
and some needed protection for use in section headings) but it all
compiled fine using the latexmk engine. Are you sure its the .pfg file
that is causing the problem?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)