[OS X TeX] [OT] Mactex for Windows?

Young Wook Kim CARTAN at hitel.net
Wed Feb 25 03:34:51 CET 2009

Daniel Becker :
> Hallo -
>
> In Short: I would like to have something similar like mactex. And I
> would be happy if the install is as easy as with MacTeX.
>
> Longer:
>
> A friend of mine is asking me to help him install TeX&Co on a Windows
> machine. I would like to have him using
>
> * TeXLive2008 and to have an
> * easy-to-work-with Editor + Previewer combination with the default
> mode being pdflatex and pdf as an output.
> * Back- and forward synchronisation should be possible.
>
> It would be great if all this would be enabled by default.

Those using Korean TeX use TeXLive 2008 + KTUG(Korean TUG) Collection
2008 for Korean. They are packaged into one big installation file and
can be downloaded from the following site . (Sadly the site is written
in Korean only. It is solely for those who needs to typeset  Korean and
therefore who can read Korean.) But you may use it as an alternative to
MikTeX+WinEdt system as it is a system that comes with everything and
uses TeXLive. As is for MacTeX this system is also maintained by tlmgr
in Windows. They are widely used in WinXP and seems to have been tested
on Vista with success. I am using KTUGCollection on MacTeX.

KTUGWiki: http://faq.ktug.or.kr/faq/
Install file: http://faq.ktug.or.kr/faq/KTUGCollection2008#s-2.2.1 (look
for the file named KC2008-INSTALL-TL-0.3.0-F.exe which installs all in
one step. Says need 2.5GB space in your HDD.)
SetupHelpBBS: http://www.ktug.or.kr/

The system consists of

Full and original version of TeXLive 2008 +
Files needed for typesetting Korean (+Chinese and a littlebit of
Japanese; these are mainly fonts and macros) +
Default Editor(Notepad++) +
Viewer(SumatraPDF) +
KCmenu(MTeXHelper-in-EmEditor-like menu system which can be used widely
with many editors with TeXLive 2008, This is specially setup with
Notepad++ so that one can just hit function keys in NP++ and it compiles
etc) +
the whole system (TeXlive and the Korean part) is updated by two
pushbuttons in KCmenu +
Also the Korean TeX update can be downloaded as an exe file if you need
them.

And you can change it easily through latex, pdflatex, latex+dvips,
latex+dvipdfmx, etc and it has a commander line wihch keeps? the history
and also accept some variables.

This combination was carefully chosen by the KTUG personnels so that it
meets their standards (free software, Pdf sync, ease of use and all the
necessary functions).

But you may also install EmEditor or many other editors and use the
popup window of KCmenu buttons which is also very convenient.

Young Kim