[OS X TeX] [OT] Mactex for Windows?

Michael Hanson mshanson at mac.com
Tue Feb 24 23:42:52 CET 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:31 PM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> A friend of mine is asking me to help him install TeX&Co on a
> Windows machine. I would like to have him using
>
> * TeXLive2008 and to have an
> * easy-to-work-with Editor + Previewer combination with the default
> mode being pdflatex and pdf as an output.
> * Back- and forward synchronisation should be possible.

I find myself facing this situation in the not-too-distant future.
While I don't know enough to answer your questions, here are links to
MikTeX and a few front-ends that I have come across.  As it may be
off-topic, I'd be interested if you could follow-up off-list with
what you & your friend find out.  Perhaps a section of the wiki could
contain information based on your assessment?

<http://miktex.org/>
<http://www.latexeditor.org/>
<http://www.texniccenter.org/>
<http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/index.html>