[OS X TeX] Excel2LaTeX

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Fri Feb 20 17:36:05 CET 2009

I've used Excel so much, I find it easy enough to just format the
entries. I append the LaTeX symbols to the columns via Format->Cell-
 >Number. It's not nearly as elegant, but it is very flexible. I can
use this to move stuff into LaTeX tables, into pstricks's \psline, and
other places that take different formatting.

The visual basic problem in Excel 2008 isn't a bug or something that
can be fixed with just a little tweak. MS removed visual basic from
Excel while moving to Excel 2008. If you save things properly, you can
prevent your code from being erased, but if you don't Excel 2008 will
even erase any visual basic code you have. When Excel 2008 came out
there was quite a bit of uproar from those who had been using a lot of
visual basic.

Chris