[OS X TeX] Open related... macro

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 14 18:08:29 CET 2009

Axel E. Retif wrote:
[]
> Could it be .bbl files don't have a default application to open with? In
> my case (10.5.6) I get
>
> Ada:Desktop axretif$ osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to name extension
> of (choose file)'
> tex
> Ada:Desktop axretif$ osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to name extension
> of (choose file)'
> bbl
> Ada:Desktop axretif$
>
> but TeXShop is my default application to open all .bbl file.

This cannot be the whole explanation, because I have TeXShop as default
app for .bbl, too, and Josep said he had also attributed all files with
the extensions he wanted to TeXShop.

I don't have an explanation, I only observed on 2 machines with 10.5
that .bbl is not considered a Finder extension, and on one machine with
10.4 that it is. My conclusion was that this is related to the OS
version, but it can very well be something else.

--
Martin