[OS X TeX] Adding new class

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Fri Feb 13 07:38:46 CET 2009

Le 13-févr.-09 à 06:50, gulatiakshay a écrit :

> I added new class to /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/
> base but when i come to texshop and try to run that class, it is
> not identifying that class. and I am getting error all other
> classes are in that folder and it is identifying those classes.
> Also i used texnic centre on windows few months back there i had a
> option of updating the whole latex stuff but i am not able to find
> any in mactex
>
> Thanks
>
> Akshay

Hello,

You probably forgot to run

sudo mktexlsr

on your Terminal, before using your class.

By the way, It would probably have been better to add your new class
to the following folder instead

~/Library/texmf/tex/latex

(create all necessary subfolders if they  don't exist yet)

LaTeX will then recognize your class immediatly (no need of mktexlsr).

Hope that helps,

Franck Pastor