[OS X TeX] Installation of BibLaTeX on OSX/TeXLive2008 (MacTeX)

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Wed Feb 11 19:51:58 CET 2009

Hi fellow Mac-citizens,

please could someone be so kind and advise me on the installation of
BibLaTeX on a TeXLive2008 (MacTeX) System?

After studying the README which says:

> INSTALLATION
>
> Copy all files found in the 'latex' directory of this package to
>
> 	<TEXMFLOCAL>/tex/latex/biblatex/
>
> and the file in the 'bibtex' directory to
>
> 	<TEXMFLOCAL>/bibtex/bst/biblatex/
>
> where <TEXMFLOCAL> denotes the root of the local TeX installation
> tree, for example
>
> 	/usr/local/share/texmf/
> or
> 	/usr/share/texmf-local/
> or
> 	C:\Local TeX Files\
>
> The manual ('biblatex.pdf') and the example files in the 'doc'
> directory go to
>
> 	<TEXMFLOCAL>/doc/latex/biblatex/
>
> or to any other place where you will find them later.

I am not so sure any more: Should I use MyUser/Library/texmf and
create the directories mentioned above (currently there is just /
bibtex, /doc, /fonts, /tex in there) or into root/Libary/TeX etc.?

I'd like to put it somewhere where all users might find and use it and
I donot want to mess up my clean and nicely working system. Note that
I have not messed with any config-files and prefer never to have to.

Thanks a bunch.

Rolf
--
Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/