[OS X TeX] Beamer question

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:59:54 CET 2009

> According to the beamer documentation, one can configure it so that
> notes (or other information) is shown on a second screen during a
> presentation. After trying this out, it seems that what it does is
> create a PDF file with each "page" of the PDF containing two screens
> of material, side-by-side. How do I configure my system so that the
> page of notes is shown on my laptop while the main presentation is
> shown on the projector?  What PDF viewer do people use when showing
> beamer presentations?  (I ask because I've been using Skim, since that
> seems to be the only PDF viewer that lets me use the Apple Remote to
> navigate through the pages, but I've not been able to configure Skim
> to handle multiple screens.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jason

I also use Skim because of the support for the Apple remote, but
haven't tried it with notes on  a separate screen.

There seems to be support in Skim for that cery option (though, as I
don't have a second screen right now, I can't test it).
  Under View->Presentation options... there is a menu for choosing a
"Synchronized notes document". I guess that would be it.

Luis Sequeira