[OS X TeX] Lucida

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 5 14:06:15 CET 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 3:13 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 05.02.2009 um 04:30 schrieb Axel E. Retif:
>
>> I just tried without specifying the pdftex driver to graphicx, and
>> it didn't complain.
>

> Try it with latex, i.e., try to create DVI output!
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

The graphicx package supplied with TeX Live 2008 assumes the dvi->...-
 >pdf uses dvips if dvi mode is on by default. If you use dvipdfm, or
such you must explicitly give the driver option. This default has
always made sense to me and I used to have a config file that
initially set dvips as the output driver; the graphicx package would
override the default if it encountered xetex or pdftex (in pdf mode).
I no longer need that config file.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)