[OS X TeX] Lucida

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 04:30:11 CET 2009

On  4 Feb, 2009, at 20:00, George Gratzer wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Thanks, in about an hour I accomplished the task.

Good to know. Lucida is a really very well designed font family.

> I do not know what is this
>
>>> Package epstopdf Warning: Graphics driver file `pdftex.def' not
>>> loaded.

The only thing I can think of, is Morten Høgholm's reply (in 2006) I
quoted in my previous message; but although I use

\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
\usepackage{epstopdf}

I just tried without specifying the pdftex driver to graphicx, and it
didn't complain.

> [...]
> One more comment: the instructions from TUG do mention
>
> sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map
>
> If
>
> sudo texhash
>
> is also there, I overlooked it.

I bought the fonts in 2005, as soon as TUG released them; and back
then the only instructions were

> --------
> The following fonts map files are provided:
>
>   lucida.map      to be used with dvips and pdfTeX
>   lucida.ali      to be used with VTeX/Free
>
> Copy the file you want to use to a suitable directory of
> your TeX system; configure your TeX system so that it will
> make use of this map file.  Consult the documentation of
> your TeX system for how to do so!
> --------

Fortunately, I managed to do it, remembering instructions from people
like Gerben Wierda, Bruno Voisin and Peter Dyballa about how to enable
fonts.

Best,

Axel