[OS X TeX] Lucida

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Wed Feb 4 05:56:23 CET 2009

I reinstalled the system and it wiped out Lucida...

I installed everything in

local/texlive/texmf-local

as per instruction (TUG):

TeX systems generally come with thousands of support files, arranged in
a "tree" of directories.  When you install TeX, you generally set up a
"local" tree, for your own macros and other files.  For example, it
might be the directory c:\localtexmf on Windows or
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local on Unix.  It might be entirely empty.

Ran the sudo command

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

to no avail.

I suspect that I spent half an hour building the wrong tree. Should it
have been

local/texlive/2008/texmf

instead?

GG