[OS X TeX] "Non-PDF special ignored "

ewan.Delanoy at math.unicaen.fr ewan.Delanoy at math.unicaen.fr
Sun Feb 1 19:05:02 CET 2009

>You are using teTeX. teTeX support stopped a couple of years ago.
>Upgrading to TeXLive is strongly recommended. While the download is
>pretty large (about 1.2 GB for MacTeX see http://www.tug.org/mactex/)
>it gives you an up to date distribution bundled with a way to upgade
>packages as they evolve (tlmgr or, if you want it the Mac way: TeX
>Live utility see http://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr/downloads/list)

                      Yes, everything works fine since I downloaded
the latest version of MacTeX and TeXShop.

  As it ate much of the remaining space on my Mac, I'm thinking
seriously about uninstalling the old teTeX stuff. If I'm sure I won't
use the old version again, may I erase the contents of
/usr/local/teTeX completely ?

                                      Ewan