[OS X TeX] Updated latexmk 4.12 for TeXShop.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 29 13:53:13 CET 2009

Howdy,

My initial release of the latexmk 4.12 update for TeXShop did not take advantage of a new feature of latexmk 4.12. After testing and reviewing the feature with John Collins, the maintainer of latexmk, I decided to add a couple of lines to the `rc' files supplied with the distribution to set this option as the default behavior of the latexmk engines.

What John has added is a useful feature when you are supplied with a tex source file and an associated bbl (processed bibliography) file but don't have the original bib (bibliography database) file (along the standard paths for bib files used by kpsewhich). Under these circumstances this option ``tells'' latexmk NOT to attempt to use bibtex which would overwrite the bbl file with an empty bibliography. In all other cases (i.e., when the bib file is available) the behavior is as it was before. I think this feature is important enough to have it set as the default behavior.

You can get the updated latexmk and associated files as Latexmk412TeXShop.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)