[OS X TeX] BasicTeX and texdoc

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Dec 27 23:06:37 CET 2009

On Dec 27, 2009, at 12:13 PM, Tobias Pyndt Steinmann wrote:

> Is there a way to install the documentation for the packages or are the dtx files available for me to typeset?

I've never installed BasicTeX, so I have no idea what it includes.  However, the latest version of TeX Live Utility will show you a list of all files included with a given package, so that might be a way to see if you have the .dtx files.  Go to Manage Packages, select a row, and hit cmd-i to show info on it.  The file list is at the bottom of the info panel, though you might have to expand the split pane.

With a full install of TL 2009, texdoc doesn't find documentation for csquotes or memoir, and only the latter includes a .dtx at /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/source/latex/memoir/memoir.dtx.

hth,
Adam