[OS X TeX] Update to CocoAspell!

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 24 19:03:06 CET 2009

Howdy,

Just noticed that Anton Leuski has updated CocoAspell to version 2.1. It is universal and contains both 64bit and 32bit versions for Intel as well as PPC. The web site, <http://cocoaspell.leuski.net/> says it's for 10.3.9 and later but the README says it's for 10.5 and later. I tested it on Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro and the Leopard-PPC version on my PowerBook and both seem to work fine. You'll have to choose up your dictionary in the CocoAspell Preference Pane again and may have to set up the dictionary in the Spelling (& Grammar) settup in TeXShop or some other application (e.g., TextEdit) and finally, with Snow Leopard, make sure the Spelling choice is your preferred Aspell dictionary in System Preferences->Language & Text->Text Preference Pane.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)