[OS X TeX] Convert?

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Dec 19 17:40:22 CET 2009

Folks,

On Dec 18, 2009, at 10:42 PM, David Arnold wrote:

> All,
>
> After installing mactexlive 2009 sometime back, it seems "convert" doesn't work as it did.

Unfortunately, this is correct. I compiled with new sources for ImageMagick and the various libraries it uses, but failed to notice that an extra library is now required for compressed tiff files. You can find a fixed version at

	www.uoregon.edu/~koch

The version of MacTeX-2009 on CTAN has the fixed version (or will shortly), but earlier versions didn't. MacTeX on the TUG DVD will not have the fix. So if you installed convert, I recommend getting the patched version above.

Dick Koch