[OS X TeX] A little help needed (math formula problem)

Jens Nöckel noeckel at uoregon.edu
Thu Dec 17 19:05:04 CET 2009

Hi,
looks like multirow doesn't work too well with array environments. But I got it to work by replacing the multirow part of your array with this:

       \multirow{2}{*}[1.4ex]
       {
         \text{$\displaystyle
         \left(
           \begin{array}{c}
             b_1 \\
             b_2 \\ [0.3ex]
             b_3 \\
             b_4 \\
           \end{array}
         \right)
$}
All I did was switch to text mode in the array, and this was enough to fool multicol into behaving properly. Within that, I switched back to math for the vector column.

Cheers,
Jens