[OS X TeX] multi cores

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Sun Dec 13 18:13:37 CET 2009

The difference in price between the i5 and i7 is only $200.

As for TeX becoming multithreaded, who cares. As I noted before, the book I am working on is about 600 pages with hundreds of illustrations. It takes under 2 seconds to typeset. How can you improve on this and notice the difference?

On the other hand, yesterday I rendered a movie: 1 hour and 20 minutes. Unfortunately, iMovie is not multithreaded either...

GG