[OS X TeX] Font problem

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Dec 10 11:36:55 CET 2009

On  10 Dec, 2009, at 04:19, Peter Pagin wrote:

>> If there is no rm in the list then I wouldn't know how to repair.
>
> Seems to be there:
>
> Macintosh-309:~ ppagin$ ls /bin
> [		df		launchctl	pwd		tcsh
> bash		domainname	link		rcp		test
> cat		echo		ln		rm

So you have rm. Try

ls -lF /bin/rm

You should get

-r-xr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  44448 Jul 14 00:26 /bin/rm*

Maybe your rm lost its execution bit. Try repairing permissions with Disk Utility. You can also try a Safe Boot, but perhaps you'll have to reinstall Snow Leopard with its updates.

I just saw your message about a 0 byte rm. I guess the safest thing is to backup important documents and reinstall OS.

Best,

Axel