[OS X TeX] Font problem

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Thu Dec 10 07:38:58 CET 2009

Thanks Herb, Adam and Michael,
but the attempts to follow the suggestion end with

---------------------------------

Macintosh-309:~ ppagin$ rm -r ~/.texlive2009
-bash: /bin/rm: Permission denied
Macintosh-309:~ ppagin$ sudo rm -r ~/.texlive2009
sudo: rm: command not found

I don't know much about Unix, but the last line strikes me as unexpected as well.

The general problems seem to have started when TeXLive Utility updates stopped working: there was a critical update (something.infra) that repeatedly failed. I tried to update tlmgr with TeXLive Utility, and that failed as well. Then I updated tlmgr from the command line and did an update from the command line, after which TeXLive Utility updates worked again. Maybe something messed up the directory in the process.

Michael, you are right that I tried updmap before trying updmap-sys, but that was only after my typesetting problems had started.

I am not desperate since I can still typeset fine with TeXLive 2008. Maybe I should try reinstalling MacTeX-2009?

Best,
Peter