[OS X TeX] [OFF] Antique AV?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Aug 27 23:40:49 CEST 2009

Am 27.08.2009 um 22:32 schrieb david craig:

> I figure this would be the perfect crowd to see if anyone can
> identify this antique piece of AV equipment:

I wouldn't write it's AV (Audio/Video), it's a projector for papers
you insert near the bottom. I know these things under the name
"episcope." (From epi, Greek for on, onto, and scopein, Greek for to
show?) If the body plate is a mirror you can also insert transparent
sheets. Then it's an epidiascope.

Already checked Wikipedia? After Google image search...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any
direction.