[OS X TeX] Long line in \description environment

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 27 14:10:12 CEST 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 5:50 AM, Manuel wrote:

> Am 26/08/2009 um 21:19 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> If you are producing a jobname.synctex.gz file when you compile
>> jobname.tex then using the SyncTex synchronization is wonderfully
>> accurate; very often down to the character. Try it... I think
>> you'll like it.
>
> I don't know if that is the case. Oddly, in mactex-wiki says:
>
>> Recent versions of TeXShop offer the option of synchronisation with
>> SyncTeX.
>>
>> New users need do nothing - TeXShop will use SyncTeX by default.
>>
> which happens not to be the case (as I said, it is "search". Anyway,
> I have now changed it to SyncTeX and will see what happens.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manuel

Howdy,

When you update TeXShop from a previous version it will not overwrite
your preference file. If you remove the TeXShop preference file (~/
Library/Preferences/TeXShop.plist) and start TeXShop the default
search will be SyncTeX and the pdf(la)tex engines will have the --
synctex=1 option set. I don't know why the TeX+dvips+distiller engines
don't seem have that option set by default but you can use what I
wrote before.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)