[OS X TeX] synctex

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 20:16:09 CEST 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Not quite so simple...
>
> You must have MacTeX-2008 (or later) and some preferences in TeXShop
> 2.26 (or later) have to be changed: in TeXShop->Preferences->Engine
> you basically need to change the pdfTeX and TeX+dvips+distiller
> options to
>
> pdfTeX->Tex: pdftex --shell-escape --synctex=1
> pdfTeX->Latex: pdflatex --shell-escape --synctex=1
> TeX+dvips+distiller->Tex: simpdftex etex --extratexopts "-synctex=1"
> TeX+dvips+distiller->Latex: simpdftex latex --extratexopts "-
> synctex=1"
>
> which tells the engine to produce a jobname.synctex.gz file that
> contains all the synchronization information.

Could you elaborate on the need for these settings? Mine are missing
the synctex=1 portions but even so, I do get synchronization using
synctex only and I do create a jobname.synctex.gz. Having said that,
I'm also encountering syncing problems which some times seem to
resolve by restarting texshop.

My dvips settings also look different but I only use pdflatex.

Themis