[OS X TeX] Long line in \description environment

Manuel libros at limay.de
Mon Aug 24 22:17:01 CEST 2009

Am 24/08/2009 um 19:19 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> It's the [2ex] after \\. You do not want to learn LaTeX?

Oh yes, I do, and I even try but this is very difficult for me. With
all due respect and gratitude for those who made it and keep
developing it, and those who help the helpless (like you do),
sometimes it' just too cryptic, and even confusing, for those who
don't have a special background. One example of confusing: I read in
some places in the internet that the most difficult thing about TeX
was the installation. This kept me from trying it for a long time,
though all I eventually had to do was click on the icon!

Now I have tried to change the numerical value of [2ex], but this
only changed the separation of the paragraphs, so obviously, I don't
understand what you mean. I looked up "parbox" but did not understand
the matter. While I am reasonably fluent in English when it comes to
the humanities, I have difficulties working with a (to me) new
technical vocabulary. I have downloaded seven manuals concerning
LaTeX and, generally, I find there what I need. But sometimes...

Manuel